Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 22 May 2011

What to Eat 吃什么? Taiwanese Tea Room!

Attracted by its name Xian Ding Wei鲜定味, we've decided to try out this Taiwanese Tea Room that is located just beside the Sakae Sushi at Queensbay. How I translate the name? Freshness新鲜 Decides决定 Deliciousness美味. This is just my own perception that I think it's interesting.


My friend has decided to go for the 3-Cup Chicken Set Lunch三杯鸡套餐 that comes with a claypot of chicken, a steamed rice with minced pork, a starter plate and a soup. This is my first try to 3-Cup Chicken whereby it tastes a little bit sweet and sour with a nice aroma from the herbs. We do quite like the 3-Cup Chicken except that I think it's very oily. The minced pork is just not so tasty, I guess too less saltiness and the dark soy sauce should be thicker as well. The pork is just not so soft and tender. I like the soup that is served with the closed lid, it's hot and it tastes sweet.

Additionally, I've ordered the Chicken Loh Bak鸡卤肉 and the Crispy Salted Chicken盐酥鸡. A lesson learnt, Loh Bak must be made from pork as the chicken meat is more compact and drier whereby I don't taste the juiciness and tenderness in my mouth. I do quite enjoy the Crispy Salted Chicken because both the salt and basil leaves have really enhanced the taste and added with a nice aroma to the chicken, but a little bit too salty for me! Crunchy...

One special drink that I've ordered is the Mixed Fruit Tea什锦水果茶. It's really alike throwing all fruit into the tea; tastes sweet, sour, salty?!!

In overall, I don't really quite like the food at Xian Ding Wei because it's not very delicious and the price is somehow quite expensive. Or, I'll say that they don't have special signature food that I can really remember of...

No comments:

Post a Comment