Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 4 May 2011

Phuket Part I: SKAL Restaurant

Finally, I've managed to catch some time to write about the food in Phuket; to recall about the taste that I've had during Songkran Festival...

We've decided to have our lunch at the SKAL Restaurant as they're serving Thai food, fresh seafood and also Pizza; enough varieties to cater for every one's needs. While we're waiting for our orders, it's really enjoyable for us to read and to appreciate the posts and pictures on the wall. Some of the posts are funny and these are the most favourite of mine.

My boyfriend starts his meal with Bruschetta that comes with tomatoes and a thin slice of ham on top. I find it quite nice but my boyfriend comments that original Bruschetta should not consist of any basil leaves. Then, the main course is followed by a Pork Chop. The pork is coated with the bread crumbs and being fried till golden crispiness, then being garnished with red wine sauce and served with fries. The pork chop tastes good except that it may can be a little bit saltier and I'll prefer to have it without the sauce. For myself, I've chosen to go for the Phad Thai. It's a type of Thai rice noodle that is fried with meat or seafood, bean sprout and egg, then to go with lime juice and grounded peanuts. I dislike the Phad Thai as it's kind of ordinary and tasteless, somehow it's out of my expectation. But, I like the idea of having the bean sprout separately beside the plate.

Even though the food is not really very delicious here but the main reason that has triggered us not to re-visit is the slow service. The chef has taken almost an hour to get our food to be served and the worst is the expensive price that we've to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment