Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 28 January 2013

Vienna is in KL

I'm just lousy without realising that Kuala Lumpur is such a multi-cultural city that I can find a Cafe Vienna inside the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). We're wandering around for food before bumping into this Austrian cafe and I'm attracted by the Sachertorte inside the display cabinet. Time to fill up the hunger and we've decided to make a break here.

Attila and I have ordered the Crème brûlée and the Sachertorte respectively. It's a little funny and weird that the Crème brûlée is garnished with some fresh fruit on top. Anyway, the idea is not bad though as the fruit has somehow added a little refreshing taste and sourness to this burnt cream that is sweetened by a thin layer of hard caramelised sugar. Besides, the texture of the cream is more alike pudding that it's slightly hard or "succulent". Sachertorte is a special chocolate cake from Vienna whereby two layers of dense chocolate cakes are sandwiched together with a thin layer of apricot jam before being coated in dark chocolate and then being served together with whipped cream. I can't recall the actual taste of this cake in Vienna but I'm not really satisfied with the Sachertorte here because the chocolate's taste is just not as rich as, the denseness is not as heavy as I'm expecting.
(Source from Wikipedia: Sachertorte)

It's somehow unexpected that my Fettuccine Truffle is very delicious. This is a cream-based pasta that is tossed with plenty of sauteed garlic and onions, truffle paste, cream and then being topped with truffles and Parmesan cheese. The dish looks simple yet I'm totally amazed by its taste whereby the saltiness is just right and the aroma is as well nice. By the way, this is the 1st time that I've tasted truffle and I'm impressed.

Neither the waiter nor the waitress has asked us about the sequences of the food that we've wanted to have but it's really not right that we're served with the cakes before the pasta. I find the food to be delicious and this is indeed a place that is worth to be re-visit. A strongly recommended advice, do remind them that your cake or dessert is to be served after meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment