Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Pork, The Satay; at Pasar Pulau Tikus

My fussies are so hardworking to brainstorm every single ideas for my food blog. We're heading this time to Pasar Pulau Tikus浮罗池滑巴刹 for the Pork Satay. The market area is indeed being overwhelmed with different hawker stalls that are selling street food.

Wandering here and there, we've decided to take our seats at Lok Lok槟華樂樂 that is located at the center of the market. The owner has collected various ingredients that range from seafood, fish or meat balls to vegetable that the plates can be easily reached by us. They're serving 5 types of sauces such as Satay, chopped Torch Ginger Bud (Bunga Kantan) with onions, blended chili padi, chili sauce and the chili paste that have covered whole range of sweetness, sourness, saltiness and spiciness. I'm happy to find the Mantis Prawn here and it's so fresh that I love to have more and more...


Next dish is of course the Pork Satay. It's special that the Chinese Uncles are serving 2 types of Satay sauces that you can go either for the smooth sauce or alternatively, you can choose the rough sauce that contains bigger grounded peanuts. I like the rough sauce, how about you? I find the pork meat is indeed juicier and more tender than the chicken Satay. But, I'm not so fancy with the thick and big piece of fat meat on the stick.

Additionally, we've ordered the Siam Laksa and the Fried Koay Teow. Su and I find the Laksa to be quite good as we love the thick coconut milk inside the soup. Besides, I like the plenty of fish meat that is contained inside every scoop of the Laksa soup. The Fried Koay Teow is somehow disappointing us because it's actually quite tasteless. It's not salty and it's not spicy. Luckily, it's for sharing.







I do really appreciate the effort from the girls to workout a list about the places for food that I can target for this year. The food here is not really amazing but it doesn't taste too bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment