Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 13 January 2013

Sour & Spicy at Sungai Ara

My Fussies have always mentioned about the sour and spicy that is located Sg. Ara. The shop is located at Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim whereby it's at the opened area that is just opposite SRJK (C) Chong Cheng崇正小学. They're actually famous for the Sour and Spicy Rice Vermicelli Soup that is served with slices of fried fish meat. The name is given from the taste of the soup that is sour from the plum and it's also spicy from the chili. As its name, this means that the sourness and spiciness must to the extent that they're both strong that they're completing the tastes of each other. Well, the girls like the taste here that it triggers my curiosity to have a try!

Undoubtedly that I've ordered the Sour and Spicy Rice Vermicelli Soup with Fried Fish鱼肉酸辣米粉汤. A lot of lemongrass and with plenty of mashed green chili, it took me some minutes till I've managed to fish out these non-eatable herbs. To my satisfaction, the soup really tastes very sour and spicy and it does contain a nice aroma of the lemongrass. The taste is very refreshing that it has stimulated my hunger to finish the whole bowl of soup completely. For me, the fish meat is just an additional bonus whereby it doesn't contain any taste of the soil yet it's not really too delicious.

Another dish from my childhood memory is the Fried Rice Vermicelli with Canned Pork罐头猪肉炒米粉. This is a very simple dish that can be easily prepared with rice vermicelli, fresh vegetable and the canned pork that you can find in any shopping malls. This is a delicious dish due to the nice aroma and the strong taste of the thick soy sauce and the fatty pork meat.

I'll definitely visit the restaurant again and this time, it's definitely for the Fried Rice Vermicelli with Canned Pork. These are not only the dishes that they're serving here, you can still ask for other selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment