Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 8 May 2013

Poon Choy at Shang Place Restaurant

We've forgotten about the "Groupon" that we've purchased for Shang Place Restaurant香香小菜馆 that is located at Krystal Point. Time to redeem our deal that costs RM 148 for 5pax. It consists of Chinese Poon Choy盆菜, Two Season Combination Platter, dessert and free flow of Chinese Tea.

Our 1st dish is the platter that comprises of Fried Yam and Fried Chicken with Pineapple in Curry Sauce. I do quite like the thinly sliced yam that is compacted and fried to brownish colour because it's soft and it tastes quite delicious except that it's a little too oily. The combination of chicken meat with pineapple and curry is as well good whereby the little sourness of the fruit is matching the nice aroma of the curry powder. Anyway, it's neither very special nor very delicious that I can really be amazed of.
The Poon Choy is finally served and the pot is found with prawn, fresh scallop, dried scallop, sea cucumber, mushroom, Tofu and broccoli that are being stacked on top of the roasted pork and duck meat. I'm unsure if the soup is cooked with chicken stock or oyster sauce but I find it delicious. Oppositely, I'm a little disappointed with the prawn that is not fresh and the roasted pork that is so hard and chewy. The variety of the ingredients is less that they are not as "rich" as in other restaurants but the meal is definitely cheaper here.

I hate the dessert that is made of water chestnut and egg. The egg has indeed created such an awful smell and taste that are totally not acceptable by me

We're not really 100% satisfied with the Poon Choy but I've definitely enjoyed the ambient here. The tables are not too packed during our lunch time at 11am and we've a fun hour of chatting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment