Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Thursday 18 April 2013

Bake & Sell... the Pastry

"Oh, please get the Salted Egg Yolk Pastry and Kaya Puff for me! They're very delicious!". It's a hard task as everyone knows neither the name nor the direction of the shop, including Phui Yee herself. Thanks to Mrs. Lau that we've finally found the shop, the Sin Eng Heong Kedai Biskut新榮香淡汶餅店 that is located at Jln. Mustapha Al-Bakri. I'm a little impressed that they've providing various biscuits and pastries that are freshly baked each day here.

Queueing up again, I've decided to buy the famous Kaya Puff加椰角 and a Salted Egg Yolk Pastry咸蛋酥. The Kaya Puff is apparently smaller comparing to the normal puff that I've got elsewhere. The Kaya that is made from mixture of coconut milk and egg is very thick and the sweetness goes well with the pastry skin. I just dislike the edge of the puff that is slightly burnt. The Salted Egg Yolk Pastry is made up with an egg yolk being wrapped by the pandan bean paste. I'm not fancy about it because the pastry skin is too soft while I myself by default dislike the powdery egg yolk. Besides, I'm not really favour about the bean paste as well.

This shop is definitely an ideal place to get the localities especially the freshly baked biscuits or pastries. There's a wide variety of biscuits to choose from, whether in packets or in bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment