Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 23 February 2014

At Beach Street, the Nasi Lemak Daun Pisang

Eagerness for Nasi Lemak, I've spotted the Ali Nasi Lemak and I've decided to stop in front of Sri Weld Food Court by the Beach Street. A special remark on the banner that they're using Daun Pisang or the Banana Leaf to wrap the Nasi Lemak. I'm unsure if the Nasi Lemak is delicious, just a try out anyway...

I've bought the Nasi Lemak that are marked with "B" Bilis and "U" Udang. Each packet costs me RM 1.70. The "B" comes with Sambal anchovies and half hard-boiled egg while the "U" is topped with Sambal prawns only. The reddish colour of the Sambal is very appealing and I do quite like the spiciness but the coconut-based rice is not so aromatic whereby the whole combination is not as delicious as I've expected. The first time I think that the Udang or Prawn is more delicious than my all-time favourite Bilis or Anchovies Nasi Lemak because the sauce is sweeter and stronger to enhance the taste of the rice. The only laziness of mine is to peel the shells of the prawns.

I need to look for delicious Nasi Lemak in Penang. The most important elements are the rice and the Sambal that I think both the aroma and taste should be appealing and completing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment