Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 27 March 2011

Ikan Bakar & Nasi Lemak at Teluk Tempoyak


Thanks to JH Lew for joining us in our wet chemistry family, here we go to Teluk Tempoyak for a celebration; on his treat. It's been a long time that I haven't returned to the stall for the famous and delicious Ikan Bakar or Grilled Fish. Correctly to say, people are hunting for the Adnan Bin Hassan Ikan Bakar & Nasi Lemak here.

Once we've arrived at our destination, we've ordered directly Ikan Bitalang, Ikan Siakap and Ikan Jenahak. I'm not an expert in fish but I know that I prefer Ikan Jenahak and Ikan Bitalang. The meat is more compact yet still tender and juicy if comparing to the soft Siakap's meat. How the Malay chef grills the fish is; the fish that has been halves will be grilled together with the banana leave on the fire. This is to leave behind the fish with the nice aroma from the banana leave. Don't eat the burnt and bitter skin as it's harmful to your health! You can choose the sauces that you like while I myself like the one with onion and cili padi. Additionally, we've ordered the Ketam Bakar or the Grilled Crab. Look to the big foot, how full is the meat inside!


Of course, it's must to have the Nasi Lemak with Sambal that costs us RM1.50 per person. The rice is not too rich with coconut milk yet with the sufficient moisture, it goes well with the spicy sambal.

Besides, we've ordered a Kerang Masak Cabai from the Gerai DRN. The kerang or the shells are very fresh even though I don't really enjoy the taste. I guess because the sauce is a little bit too sweet and it's not spicy. Also, it's too watery.

It's really a delicious trip that I've enjoyed every single dishes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment