Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Saturday 9 April 2011

Pork Knuckle; Ingolf's Kneipe German Restaurant & Bar

Once awhile if I miss for a German Style Roasted Pork Knuckle on Wednesday, I may consider Ingolf's Kneipe Restaurant & Bar that is located at Tanjung Bungah area. This is their special menu that is available on every Wednesday only; German Style Roasted Pork Knuckle that comes with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and own gravy, mustard.

It has been a big change since my last visit to there... Currently, they'll pre-cut the pork knuckle into pieces of meat and then being served together with the big bone that is rich with the tendon. The meat is too dry that it appears to be bit hard and the skin is not as crispy as we wish for. The Sauerkraut or the fermented cabbage here is apparently a little bit watery or maybe, it's just myself that prefer it to be drier and crispier. I love the mashed potatoes here as I do taste the 'real' potatoes' aroma other than its smooth texture.

Our favourite dish is actually the Roasted Pork Belly. Look at the nice layers of fat and lean meat, are they sinful?!! We're in fact enjoying the taste during the fat is melting in our mouth; yes, the fat dissolves evenly without too much greasiness.

As long as I can recall in my mind, the pork knuckle's taste is degrading here. I would prefer the taste of the pork knuckle that I'd here about a year ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment