Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 11 March 2013

Boneless Duck Rice

Su has decided to pick me up for lunch that I should try out the boneless duck rice that is located at Carnarvon Street. The stall is called 日昇香港燒鴨飯 and it's just in front of the Star Hotel星光旅店 that is the corner shop by Jalan Cheong Fatt Tze香港巷. The business is ran by a couple whereby Uncle is doing the de-boning and chopping while Aunt is taking the orders and serving the customers.







It's a surprise that I've to wait for almost 20 minutes to get our orders. Other than the de-boning process, I think it's partly because the shop is overwhelmed by customers during the busy lunch hour. We've ordered the mixed plate that consists of Roasted Duck燒鴨, Roasted Pork燒肉 and Char Siew叉燒. The roasted duck is delicious and I like it without the special "ducky's smell". The skin is slightly crispy while the meat is tender and it's not chewy. It's indeed an enjoyable experience that I don't need to spend energy to de-bone the duck by myself. The duck is served together with a blackish sweet-based sauce but I dislike it as it tastes a little sour. On the other hand, their roasted pork is tasty and I like the crispy skin the most. A small disappointment is the Char Siew as it's too salty. The rice that has been poured with their special soy sauce and the blended chili, both are so appetizing to go with the meat.

While I'm waiting for my takeaway, I'm happy that I've indeed taken a nice picture of the Aunt together with the customers. I guess they must be laughing at me if I'm a tourist in town...

No comments:

Post a Comment