Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 26 September 2010

Talking about Seafood: Teluk Kumbar Seafood

Another seafood restaurant that is by the beach; Teluk Kumbar Seafood公巴好友. This is purely a real on-the-beach restaurant whereby the tables and chairs are placed on the sandy beach. I personally prefer the scenery here; partly is I'm stepping on the sandy beach, feeling the sands and stones between my toes.

No doubt that Teluk Kumbar is serving fresh seafood as well, ranges from prawn mantis, clam, squid to various types of fish. Our first dish of the night is the most famous Herbal Clam Soup药材蛤汤. The herbal taste is not too strong that the aroma is just nice to smell and it does taste delicious with the freshness and sweetness from the clam itself. I like this clear soup except that the clam is too small and 'meatless' as it shrinks after cooking.

The main character is our Baked Crab烤螃蟹; my favourite way to taste the fresh crab. The crab that has been baked till a shiny red color will release the freshness and natural sweetness in its juicy meat. The next dish for myself is the Steamed Prawn Mantis. This is the most perfect way to have my prawn mantis because all the juiciness and sweetness inside the fresh meat will be tasted to the maximum.

Next to come is the Fried Asparagus with Sambal Belacan参巴炒芦笋. I like asparagus as it tends to be quite crispy but the sambal is a little bit sweeter than to be spicier. I guess that I still dislike to see the oily vegetable but I do enjoy every prawns in the dish. Additionally, we've asked for the Fried Noodles炒面条 to fill our stomach. A simple noodle dish to be fried with some cabbage, capsicum, green onion and squid; the seasoning is just-to-taste and the noodle is not over-cooked either.

We've also ordered the Teow Chew Style Steamed Fish潮州蒸鱼. The chef is mainly using the pickled vegetable to create the sourness in the soup. This clear soup is moderately good in the sourness and spiciness, except that I think the soup is too little. We're finishing up the fish quickly as the wind is cooling down the fish.

Another bonus that is not to be missed is the Satay沙爹; the small hut that is just beside the restaurant. Satay is a local specialty whereby the marinated meat will be grilled on the stick and it's to be eaten with the specially made peanut sauce. The very one specialty here is about the peanut sauce; instead of to be eaten with, the peanut sauce is actually being poured on the meat during grilling. Greatly to say is, the sauce is actually absorbed into the meat and it's adding on more delicious taste to the Satay. Well, I personally like it this way...

Teluk Kumbar or Hai Boey; they're both located at Teluk Kumbar area. Which of the restaurants to be chosen for your seafood meal is somehow depending on your tastes. Do enjoy the beautiful scenery when you're here, letting the wind to blow and listening to the ocean waves...

No comments:

Post a Comment