Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 13 September 2010

Restoran Kampar Fish Jelly that is Famous for the 'Hakka Noodle'

Restoran Kampar Fish Jelly, a weird name to you? From the name, I've been wondering what they're selling and guess what, they're actually famous for its Hakka Noodle and also the 'Niang Tofu酿豆腐'. Hakka Noodle is a wide, flat noodle that is made mainly from flour and egg; that makes the noodle softer and tastier. Talking about 酿豆腐, it's actually the stuffed dishes whereby either the blended fish meat or meat are stuffed inside the vegetable, tofu or bean curd sheets before being fried or boiled in soup.

To my surprise, Restoran Kampar Fish Jelly is owned by the sister of a friend of mine. I've never noticed about this restaurant till it's recommended by my colleagues. This restaurant that is located at Sungai Nibong in Penang consists of two shop houses but it always full with crowd from the industrial area during the lunch hour.
There's a lot of ingredients that you can choose from, either to be fried or to be boiled in soup. Additionally, you can also order the chicken feet, pork leg or herbal chicken to go with your Hakka Noodle. There's selections for your carbohydrate as well whereby you can have it in clear soup or the dried type with dark soy sauce. Normally, I'll choose the Koay Teow or Bee Hoon as I don't really enjoy the Hakka Noodle that I feel it's too soft and no chewiness at all. Somehow, this is much depending on your own favourites ;)

I'm the regular consumer of the chicken feet here. The chicken feet has been cooked sufficiently whereby the herbal soup is absorbed completely and the chicken feet is so soft that it'll just melt in your mouth. People always like the chicken feet for the collagen. Well, I'm unsure how true is that as I just like it for the taste. Do remember not to swallow the bones ya ;)

Restoran Kampar Fish Jelly is somewhere that I've always like for my lunch. I'll not say that the dishes here are very delicious but they do have some specialties of their own, depending on your own tastebuds. Anyway, it's great that they serve various ingredients that you can choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment