Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 12 June 2011

Asking for Desserts at Delicious...

Delicious is the franchise cafe that is developed under E&O group and has bloomed up in Malaysia; starting from Kuala Lumpur till the current branch that is placed at Straits Quay, Penang. My eager to visit Delicious Cafe is because for its various selection of desserts. Painted in light blue and white only and decorated with the bird cages; creating a cozy ambient for people to hunger for a meal here or to laze in for a cup of coffee or afternoon tea.
To complete my mission, I've ordered a Lemon Meringue Pie while Attila has decided for a Carrot Cake. I'm satisfied... A sour lemon's filling and a sweet cream on top, every single taste is completing each other. But, will it be more surprised if the cream is a bit sweeter?!! It's interesting that the chef has added poppy seeds to create some crunchiness in the pastry skin. The Carrot Cake is coated with the cream cheese and garnished with a carrot-shaped Marzipan on top. We like both the lightly-taste cheese topping and the Marzipan but the carrot cake... can't find any smell of carrot inside. The portion of cinnamon is too much that the strong aroma has covered up the sweetness of carrot.

A cup of Long Black Coffee to complete my day and a Peppermint Tea for Attila. Not too much comments about the coffee and tea here but Attila feels quite disappointed as the peppermint is not aromatic and strong enough.
50% marks for my 1st visit because of the ugly tasted carrot cake but I'm still happy to wonder for the wide selection of desserts that I can try here. Hopefully, I'll no longer be on the waiting list for my next visit; too many customers for this newly opened cafe...

Official Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment