Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 20 April 2014

The Best In Banana Leaf Cuisine, at Passions of Kerala

I've tried it once and I've missed it so much since then... the banana leaf cuisine that is located at Lorong Endah 4 by Gelugor area. Passions of Kerala or Passion of Kerala, the restaurant is opened only from 1130am onwards whereby we've to wait patiently for "The Best in Banana Leaf Cuisine".

Each banana leaf vegetarian set costs RM 5.00 that it comes with free-flow of white rice, vegetables and Papadam or the fried crackers. The vegetables of the day are the cucumber with shredded coconut, pumpkin in spicy and sweet sauce and also the fried "Xiao Bai Cai". My favourite is the delicious pumpkin that is cooked with the Sambal-alike sauce that is neither too spicy nor too sweet. Besides, I like their mango chutney that is slightly sour as it's very appetising.

We, the meat eaters have ordered some additional dishes that include the Fried Chicken, Mutton Masala and the Fried Squid.. I like the fried chicken that is served hot with the nice aroma wanders in the air while the meat is tender and it's very flavourful with the taste of the spices. I'm not fancy over the Mutton Masala but I think that it tastes good as the guests have enjoyed it somehow. On the other hand, the squid is too oily as it gets softy in the air. Besides, we've taken the Fried Ladyfingers that taste alike the crackers. The ladyfingers are thinly sliced to give the slight crispiness.

Being hidden among the housing estate by Minden area, I'm thankful to the girls for showing me this place. I've definitely enjoyed the banana leaf meal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment