Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 2 September 2013

Yummy, yummy... Leberkäse Semmel

Attila has been so surprised that I've never tasted Leberkäse Semmel in Germany. This is partly because Leberkäse is directly translated as "Liver Cheese" and I'm definitely not going to taste liver! Every German friends have been promoting and urging me to try out Leberkäse and guaranteeing that I'll love it.

Breakfast in the early morning, we've stopped by the Wurstshop at Globus to buy for ourselves the Leberkäse Semmel that costs only  1.20 each. Leberkäse actually consists of meat that is usually beef and pork, bacon and onion and it's then made of by grinding the ingredients finely before being baked alike a bread loaf. In short, it can be called as meat loaf. The Leberkäse is baked till it gets a crunchy brown crust at the outer layer. It tastes quite salty that it should go perfectly with a plain bun. Senf or commonly being known as Mustard is recommended to go together with Leberkäse Semmel as it'll give some "juiciness" that the meat loaf doesn't taste too dry. I'm impressed by Leberkäse whereby the ingredients are so fine that they're "arranged" in organized lines that it's very tender and smooth in the mouth.

I've enjoyed the Leberkäse so much that I've a few more trials during my trip in Germany. I'm not so fancy with bun or bread that I've always eaten only the meat loaf with Senf and I'm completely satisfied with it. Leberkäse can be easily obtained in any stalls or shops throughout Germany but the recommendation is to visit the one that is selling meat products as well. The reason is because they're the expert in making tastier and more tender Leberkäse than any fast food stalls.
I'm missing to have Leberkäse in M'sia...

No comments:

Post a Comment