Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Monday 19 November 2012

The Italiana... Spasso Milano at Pavilion

Looking for authentic Italian pizza in Kuala Lumpur or the so-called 'Non-Halal' pizza in Attila's point of view, we've finally found one inside the Pavilion. In my memory, Spasso Milano that is located in Penang is a Halal restaurant. Thus, it's a surprise to me that the same restaurant but at different state is indeed a Non-Halal Italian Restaurant.

Without second thought, Attila has decided to go for their wood-fired oven pizza. Instead of taking the Salumi Assortiti that is served with assorted Italian cold cut, he has decided for his favourite spicy Salami only. Crusty pizza dough that is topped with tomato paste and a very thin layer of cheese that is then being garnished with porky Salami, this is the pizza that can stimulate Attila's mood and appetite. Oppositely, I dislike the pizza here for the weird taste of the tomato paste. The sourness is too strong that it has covered the saltiness of the Salami. I'm just too full to go for a Carbohydrate and thus I've asked for a appetizer that is the Grilled Squid. The squid that is grilled is then being poured with a lemon-based sauce that tastes slight spicy whereby the aroma is being enhanced by the addition of the garlic and black pepper. I find the sauce to be too salty but it goes well with the squid except that the squid is too soft as it's not fresh.

I'm happy that Attila has finally achieved his mission to have an authentic Italian pizza in Kuala Lumpur. It's time to check out if the Spasso Milano Penang is as well Non-Halal...

No comments:

Post a Comment