Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Saturday 17 November 2012

Bah Kut Teh Dinner

It's a rainy night, we've decided to have a hot pot of Bah Kut Teh for our dinner. We drop by at Beng Heang Bah Kut Teh明香肉骨茶 that is located nearby Su's house at Ayer Itam. They're operating for both lunch and dinner hours. The customers are coming in and out non-stop ever since we've started our dinner here. Apparently, the Bah Kut Teh should taste good here.

Only 4 of us yet we've indeed ordered 4 dishes. The main dish is of course the Bah Kut Teh that is not only consisting of almost the whole pig such as the lean meat, fat meat, pork ribs, 'spare parts' or the pork intestines and pork meat ball but also the vegetarian like golden mushroom, button mushroom and lettuce. I personally find the Bah Kut Teh to be delicious here as I've enjoyed the thick and strong herb's smell of the soup.

For side dishes, we've ordered the Pork Knuckle in Vinegar猪脚醋,  Lettuce in Oyster Sauce蚝油玻璃生菜 and the Tofu豆腐. Su and I have to finish the Pork Knuckle as Phui Yee dislikes the sourness of the vinegar. In fact, the dish is tasty as the vinegar is strong yet it's not too sour that I've hated it and it has indeed stimulated my appetite to hungry for more. The lettuce is quite okay with its oyster sauce. Anyway, I dislike the meat floss that becomes too soft in the sauce. The Tofu is ordered specially for myself alone. The little soup is insufficient to give taste to the Tofu and it's indeed alike a cold dish. Well, we've finally decided to pour the Tofu into the pot of hot Bah Kut Teh.

For those whom dislikes white rice as I do, you can try their Yam Rice. I think that the yam is too less yet the taste is good because of the saltiness and the nice aroma of the dried shrimps.

I like the Bah Kut Teh for its strong herb's taste and it does remind me to the taste that I've normally known of. It's somehow depending on your taste bud, if you'll get fancy over this blackish soup here.

No comments:

Post a Comment