Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 22 April 2015

All the Best to a Colleague & the Best Friend... at Rustic

Knowing that she has tendered her resignation, it's not a surprise for me. I respect her decision but to accept the fact that she's no longer there to chat with me, feeling wise is still a sad story. I've no clue what her new salary will be, but she has insisted to treat us to a dinner at the Rustic Restaurant that is located at the Vantage by Tanjung Bungah.

The bread with salted butter as the starter, it's soft and being served warm.

We've decided to share the Rustic Caesar Salad and the Modern Thai Beef Salad. The earlier dish is quite ordinary but we've all indeed enjoyed the marvelous beef salad! The salad is very refreshing being topped with the sweet and sour based Thai sauce and the most important character is the tender beef slices that has added marks to the salad.

I've "stolen" Su's main course for the photography session, the Braised Lamb Shank. The girls are satisfied with the soft and juicy lamb meat while it's just a little still smelly for me. I've forced Attila to share the 8 Hours Slow Braised Five Spices Short Rib and the Pan Seared Hokkaido Scallop & King Prawns with me. The whole piece of boneless rib has been cooked till the meat is pulled off easily, it's juicy and tender. The sauce is not too sweet while the seasoning is sufficient with a balanced saltiness in the pork meat itself. We all love it! The latter dish is served with the truffle spaghetti. I've enjoyed the nice aroma of the truffle in the pasta noodle that is neither too oily nor too salty. The girls prefer more salt indeed. The big prawn is very fresh and juicy while the frozen scallop tastes just normal. Anyway, the Chef has creatively topped the pan seared scallop with the fish roe to add deliciousness to this small shellfish.

Su has decided to try out the Lemon Crème Brûlée as ending. It's delicious but I still prefer the original one.

A surprise to her that we've planned earlier to celebrate her birthday on the same day. A cake to her and a nice gathering picture... We've enjoyed the food and the ambient at the Rustic Restaurant. "Happy Birthday" and also a "Farewell" to Su, we'll definitely miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment