Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Saturday 11 January 2014

Seafood at the Sunshine Bay

The girls have always wanted to bring me to the Sunshine Bay Seafood陽光海鮮煮炒 that is located at Tanjung Bungah. If you're coming from Gurney's direction, it's located on the small hill after the steep road that is on the left hand side whereby it's opposite of Harmony Residence at Tanjung Bungah. Not able to make it with the girls but I've finally here with the bikers for a gathering dinner.

Recommended by the biker friend, we've decided to take the Fried Mantis Prawn with Pumpkin Sauce. I've never thought about turning the pumpkin into a sauce and surprisingly, it's delicious. It's just a little too salty for me that it must go with rice. The next order is the Fried Fish with Soy Sauce. An ordinary dish, I've enjoyed the crispiness of the fish that has been fried to dark brownish skin and the tenderness of its meat. Another seafood that we've ordered is the Tom Yum Prawn in Coconut. I do quite like this milky based Tom Yum soup as it's not too creamy even though it's not spicy enough for myself.

Besides, we've taken also their signature dishes of Bitter Gourd with Egg and Steamed Vermicelli with Clams. Both of these dishes are slimy type. I find that the egg dish is quite special as the fried egg is not solidified completely and it's alike swimming in the soy sauce. Frankly, I dislike the dish just because the uncooked egg white. The rice vermicelli is a soupy dish that consists of clams and being thickened with egg. It's delicious! Anyway, the dish may not be widely accepted for its stickiness.

The last dish to end our dinner is the Baked Crab that is to be grilled slowly on the fire, in order to create such shiny red shell. The crab is very fresh and the it's tasty despite without any seasoning.

I don't think that the food here is very amazing but I do agree that they've served some signature dishes that are really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment