Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 21 November 2010

My 1st Korean BBQ experience, DAORAE!

My 1st Korean BBQ experience starts at DAORAE when we've decided to go for a dinner after work. I don't pretty sure the reason that I've never intended to eat Korean food, partly is because the 'meaty' menu?

DAORAE owns franchise in Malaysia and we've chosen the one at I-Avenue Penang. It's easily to be spotted from the blue and red, bright signboard. Korean BBQ is definitely all about meat, ranging from beef, pork till chicken while they do have seafood as well. We leave the menu ordering to our expert, Alex whereby he has ordered the beef and pork meat with different tenderness or should mean from different parts of the cow and pig. The greatest thing about Korean BBQ in DAORAE is that you don't need to do any grilling job by your own. There's a waiter whom will help you to grill the meat dish by dish, just simply with onion or garlic to release the natural sweetness beneath. They've just grilled it perfectly that the juiciness is still being locked in the meat itself and the meat is just tender to be bitten in the mouth. One fact that I've just realized, it's so wrong to add extra sauce or seasoning during BBQ-ing. To enhance the taste of the meat, they do serve some chili paste, salt or sweet sesame oil and even some fresh garlic that you can go with your meat.

Additionally, we've ordered a Korean Seafood Pancake that looks a little bit alike the omelet with various ingredients such as squid, prawn, onion, leek and sliced chili inside. The good point is the flour pancake is so thin whereby the chef has generously put in plenty of seafood. Last to come is the Kimchi Steamboat that is boiled with a gas stove in front of us. We can find pork, tofu and noodle inside this hot and spicy soup, flavoured by the Kimchi itself.
(Source from Wikipedia: Kimchi (김치; pronounced /ˈkɪmtʃɪ/, Korean pronunciation: [kimtɕʰi]), also spelled gimchi, kimchee, or kim chee, is a traditional fermented Korean dish, made of vegetables with varied seasonings. Kimchi may also refer to unfermented vegetable dishes.[1][2][3] There are hundreds of varieties of kimchi, made with a main vegetable ingredient such as napa cabbage, radish, green onion or cucumber.[4] Kimchi is the most common banchan, or side dish, in Korean cuisine. Kimchi is also a main ingredient for many popular Korean dishes such as kimchi stew (김치찌개; kimchi jjigae), kimchi soup (김칫국; kimchiguk), and kimchi fried rice (김치볶음밥; kimchi bokkeumbap).)

I've nearly forgotten to mention about our meal starter; the appetizer! It's a normal tradition in Korean food to be served with Kimchi as the starter. They've various choices such as the cabbage, radish, cucumber and also boiled egg for us to start our meal. My preference or 'Thumbs Up' goes to the Beef Soup that tastes so sweet and delicious. I guess they've used a lot of bones to create such natural sweetness in the soup itself.
The whole course of this dinner is so 'meaty' for me. Anyway, I do enjoy the service and the taste of the Korean BBQ that I've in DAORAE. Not much seasoning or sauce, but the freshness of the meat is extended to the optimum...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, am I so famished! If only I could get a nibble out of those images. Franchising is not about the brand itself; choosing the right location to help the business stand out well is just as important.

    ReplyDelete