Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 29 August 2010

An Unexpected bump into Siriwan Thai Seafood Restaurant

My friend and I are searching for a restaurant to dine-in for our dinner, before we bump into Siriwan Thai Seafood Restaurant that is located beside Old Town Kopitiam at Sunway Seberang Jaya. There's no customers and it's just too quiet whereby we've wandered for few minutes before deciding to step in for our starved stomach.

Our main character is the Tomyam Seafood Soup that looks so appetizing with its red shiny color. The ingredients include prawn, squid, fish, mushroom and tomato. I'm personally able to withstand extreme spiciness and sourness, thus I'll prefer if the sweetness is reduced. However, I still love the soup that every spoon is a 'kick' to the taste; just nice to make me sweat a little.

Next comes our favourite dish, the Kerabu Mango. It's a simple dish with some peanuts, onions and chili but the taste is superb; sufficient spiciness from the Chili, sourness from the lime juice that we're just falling for this refreshing dish. We've also tried the recommended Fried Kangkong. We're a little disappointed that the Kangkong is not crispy and it's in fact a little bit too soft and oily. Anyway, it does go well with the Thai chili sauce.

We're not going for white rice, thus we've asked for the famous noodle that is called Phad Thai. It's actually the fried rice noodles with egg, chicken, tofu, bean sprout; then the fish sauce and chili as the seasonings; garnished with crushed peanuts. I've to admit that the Phad Thai here is not as delicious as the one that I've tasted in Bangkok, but it's totally a new taste even it's a little alike the Fried Koay Teow in Malaysia. Just a little complaint here, the Phad Thai is too oily.

It's not a too bad experience for us to have our dinner in Siriwan Thai Restaurant. In overall, the taste of the food is good and we do enjoy the 'kick' of the spiciness and sourness of Thai dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment