Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 30 March 2014

DoubleTree, the Hilton & Tosca, the Italinese

Going to Kuala Lumpur for a short relaxation, we've chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton that is located at Jln. Tun Razak. I'm firstly satisfied with the piece of complimentary Chocolate Chip Cookie for the "Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton" that is served warm to our hands. This round cookies is filled with plenty of chocolate chips and walnuts. The porous cookies comes with the crunchiness of the nuts and the softness of the chocolate that melts in the mouth, it's a delicious dessert. Finishing the cookies and eager for more to fill the hunger...

We've decided to try out the Tosca Trattoria Italiana that is located in front of the swimming pool. It's such a wonderful relaxation to have our lunch here while enjoying the nice scenery of the bluish water. I love how the various kind of bread is presented despite neither the Grissini or bread sticks nor the white and the wheat bread are the most delicious bread that I've ever tasted. Have you ever tried out the mixture of olive oil with vinegar? This is the Italian way of dipping sauce for the bread.

Attila and I have decided to take the Bresaola Verde Pizza and the Linguine with Tiger Prawns. This is a non-tomato based Pizza that is topped with air dried beef, garlic paste, rucola vegetable, Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese. The dough tastes okay only that I indeed prefer the flavourful, thin slices of beef. Well, this is not the best but it's definitely an edible and quite a nice Pizza that Attila can enjoy of! I'm totally not satisfied with my Linguine that comes with small prawns or the shrimps?!! Moreover, they're not fresh. The handmade noodle is soft in texture and it's being fried with the smoked duck skin that has indeed added a nice aroma to the pasta. The Linguine is quite delicious except that it's slightly too dry for me. I'm actually hoping further if the duck skin can be crispier.

The Italian food here is definitely not the best ever but being coupled with the nice scenery together with our mood in leisurely pace, we've enjoyed the time that I feel it's moving slow and slower...

No comments:

Post a Comment