Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 28 August 2013

Gäuboden Volksfest, the Fest of Summer

Gäuboden Volksfest in Straubing is the festival of Summer that is ranked just behind the biggest event of Octoberfest in Munich. From the city faraway or from the town nearby, people with regardless of age are eating, drinking and having fun at the fest. The elders are enjoying the 1L mug of cold beers while the kids are riding on the Ferris Wheel.

We've randomly picked a tent to stop for a drink, at the RÖHRLBRÄU Straubing. Attila and I have shared a mug of Radler that is the mixture of beer with Zitrone or lemon. It tastes very refreshing and cooling during a hot Summer day of 30 °C. This is indeed an easy drink as the lemon has added sweetness to "smoothen" the bitterness of the beer and with an extra refreshing taste from its sourness. Being known traditionally, we've taken a Pretzel and the Milder Emmentaler 45% Fett i.Tr. hauchdünn aufgeschnitten mit Salz und Pfeffer 100g. In short, it's actually the ribbon-shaped bread and the mild Emmentaler Cheese that has been thinly sliced that is then garnished with salt and pepper. I do usually remove the big rocky salt from my Pretzel but I've definitely enjoyed the Emmentaler Cheese for it's dryness and crunchiness whereby the taste has been further enhanced with the slight saltiness and spiciness of salt and black pepper.


Additionally, my favourite snack is the Mandel or the Almond that has been coated with a layer of sugar. It's commonly available in paper cone and it's warm! I don't really like it from the Gaby's Leckereien because the nuts are quite soft.

We've a fun family day at the Gäuboden Volksfest with a relaxing time of eating and drinking. I'm indeed very happy as I've tried the sugar coated Mandel here, even though it's not the best almond that I've ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment