Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Sunday 30 May 2010

Curry Puff or I always call it as 'Karipap'

When you drive along the Raja Uda, suddenly you maybe attracted by a few big karipap along the roadside. Surprise? This is the idea of the owner of the 'Karipap Jeti Lama' in attracting the customers, especially those whom are driving or riding. The big Karipap is made from sponge, it's just alike a big Karipap-shaped of pillow.
'Karipap' is also being known as curry puff. As its name, the curry ingredients that can vary from potatoes, sardines, chicken or to vegetables are then being wrapped inside the flour dough; before frying it in hot oil till golden color.

What is so special about 'Karipap Jeti Lama'? The size...

The stall is only selling the Karipap with Chicken or Sardine ingredients only and each will cost RM1. First thought that you may think the price is expensive, but the karipap is bigger than the normal one that you can buy from any other stalls outside. The karipap here is not the crispy type, but it's more known for the thin flour dough and the richful of curry ingredients inside. I've chosen my favourite chicken karipap or we called it 'Ayam' in Malay; every single bites is a mouthful potatoes and chicken cubes and I've to admit that the RM1 is not wasted as I do feel full. If to comment on the taste, I personally like the potatoes as they're soft and mix well with the chicken cubes. But, the curry taste is not very strong whereby I think it maybe better if the aroma of the curry is more appealing, to stimulate my appetite.

If you're looking for some afternoon snacks while you're driving along the Raja Uda road, do drop by at the 'Jeti Lama Karipap' stall. It's the place, as long as you find the big, yellow karipap...

No comments:

Post a Comment