Into the Doorway of Food, where it's all about Eating...



Let's start the journey into my world of food...

Different tastebuds with different tongues; you're the eater and you're the judge...
What I share here is simply the passion towards food and drinks.

Don't hesitate to ctiticize; if you like my articles, encourage me.


Wednesday 30 July 2014

Beef Noodle by the Roadside

Phở is a special flat noodle that is available locally in Vietnam. It's usually being prepared in soup together with beef, Bò or chicken, Gà. Not only commonly as breakfast, phở is also widely taken during lunch or dinner. Arriving Hanoi in the evening, we're hunger for food... anything! We've then discovered and decided for this not-so-dirty stall that is called Phở Bò Đường Tàu.

Thanks to the young local customer that has willingly helped to translate the menu and price for us. Each bowl of beef noodle costs us US$2. A lot of ginger is being used in the soup that it tastes very refreshing despite it's a little too salty for me. The soup is very thick yet it doesn't contain any beefy smell. I've always enjoyed to squeeze in some fresh lime and also to add in some sliced chili into my soup that it gets slight sourness and spiciness. On the other hand, I don't really like the flat noodle as it's just too soft in texture.

It's the 1st experience for everyone of us, to sit down... really really down at the roadside for a meal. We're not really comfortable with the position, but it's worthwhile as we've filled up our stomach with a bowl of delicious hot soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment